Tuesday 25 November 2014

A Decision for the Future

Since my brother and Astrid are now married and living with each other, Darrien and I have unofficially moved into the tree lab, about a two minute flight outside the village. To better understand my tree lab you need to understand the climate in the little valley surrounding it: It's temperate, but not hot. It's almost like a miniature rain forest, but with snow during the winter. I created a little farm in one of the arrow valleys off the main one and so far it's been productive...When it's not being destroyed by the Twins, wild animals, wild dragons, or bad weather! I have lost three harvests due to un-natural, and even natural deviations. The rain I don't mind, as long as my irrigation system can handle the extra water, but when the Twins start getting bored and Hiccup or I don't catch them in time, I lose my crops, and almost lose my cool. If it weren't for my vow to my Terrors that I would never kill a dragon unless it would end their suffering, I would have put dragon meat on the menu years ago. As it is, I get my revenge on the boars that root out my roots, dig up my corn, decimate my Dragon Nip, and otherwise wreck my fields.
I'll see if I can give a rough idea of what my tree lab looks like. (Please ignore the strange shiny thing in the picture, oh and the people too. At least, I think they're people.)


No comments:

Post a Comment