Saturday 22 November 2014

Making Plans for the Future

Well, Hiccup finally, finally asked Astrid's father for his permission to marry his daughter. He was hesitant at first, but eventually, and after a couple glares from me, he consented and shook my brother's hand. Hiccup's hands were shaking so bad I had to help him fly Toothless. He and I swapped dragons until his shaking stopped. Then he asked me to help him come up with a plan for proposing to Astrid. I, of course, smiled and agreed. I'd been expecting him and Astrid to get hitched for a while, so I came up with a series of plans, mostly involving play-fighting with her and suddenly Hiccup pops out of nowhere singing a song. Thing is, no song was right. Then Mom stepped in and helped us out. She suggested "For the Dancing and the Dreaming." Her and Dad's song. Hiccup and I exchanged glances, and we both nodded in agreement. The proposal is set to take place in a month, as it'll take around that long to teach her the song. Herby and I agreed with Hiccup that the Terrors could plan the sparring match, and the atmosphere. Creating romantic environment is a hobby for them, but they're great at it. The rose petals falling down gently, the right lighting, the soft scent of rose water lightly misted in the air, and a garland of flowers (dragon safe, obviously) to adorn the head of the girl. When Hiccup heard our plan, he smiled nervously, then opened his arms for a group hug from the Terrors, Mom, and I. I can't wait to have Astrid as a sister-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment