Thursday 11 December 2014

Completely Forgot!

I completely forgot the most basic of survival skills: spear fishing. I got stranded while out hunting, and Darrien went off for help. He promised he'd be back, but that was twenty-four hours ago. I got stuck at the bottom of a deep ravine and the only way out is either climbing up a sheer cliff with no hand holds and the walls just too narrow to chimney-crawl up. I've got no choice but to wait for help, or try to swim out through a tunnel in a salty pond I discovered. It should, theoretically, connect to the ocean. I'll go exploring and see if I can get to the sea. If I can, I'll blow a hunting horn I always have on me, and bring Darrien speeding back to me. I hope he isn't out of hearing range.
----------------------------------------------------------
Well that was pointless. I swam as far out as I could underwater, but I saw no hint of sunlight. The tunnel is too long for me to swim. However, there are fish swimming around, so I know there must be a hole big enough for them to get to. I have a rod and reel, but my bait is in Darrien's saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment