Saturday 20 December 2014

Encounters with New Friends

Well, I met the locals of a nearby village after helping a young girl who was lost. The villagers, it turns out, are, cautiously optimistic about dragons. I introduced them to Herby and Darrien, and they were awestruck. Darrien practically glowed under the admiration, but I nudged him in the side, since I was still on his back, and he laid down so I could dismount. I showed everyone how to approach him in a non-threatening way since many of them had swords or other weapons at their hips. The first to go on a flight with him was an elderly woman by the name of Rositta. When she dismounted she asked me to show her how to train a dragon. I explained as best I could that I couldn't really speak English as well as it seemed. I showed them how I had taught Herby, then he acted as translator for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment