Sunday 14 December 2014

Winter Storms on the Horizon

Herby and the Terrors have been acting restless lately. I think it's because there's a storm coming and they want to be as prepared as possible for a vicious winter. Why my ancestors chose to settle here completely baffles me, but if they'd gone a bit further South, I could see why. I'm going to talk to Hiccup about Darrien and I going to the Mainland for a month to hunt. I would stick around and hunt here, but I need to be responsible, and cut back on the hunting, which I can do by hunting elsewhere. The wildlife here on Berk is in a delicate balance. I can't disturb it too much or I'll lose the blessings the gods bestow upon me. I still have Dad's bow, and I've broke it in by bringing down a bear I spotted which also posed a threat to another hunter. The strength and power in the bow meant I didn't have to waste four arrows on the bear, I only needed one, and a clean shot. I don't know who was more surprised, the hunter who the bear was stalking or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment