Wednesday 3 December 2014

Making Progress

Well, I suppose I do have a few things to be grateful for. The first and foremost being that the newcomer has begun to learn that it's not okay to order people around, especially if it's not your job. Also, he's learned the basic table manners: saying please and thank you, using a knife and fork instead of his hands and fingers, wiping his mouth with a napkin instead of his forearm, and not breaking his dishes when he is finished with them.
Another thing I have to be grateful for is the fact that I have secondary and tertiary fields for my farm, otherwise we'd have a slim year this year. The frost is coming earlier than normal, or so the elders have declared, and all the food that I have that's ready for harvest is being stored for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment