Thursday 4 December 2014

Two Revelations

I am currently unable to type this. Herby is acting as my secretary-dragon because my hands are shaking so badly I can't even begin to do much more than pace and talk. When we were attacked last night, Thorjul the Newcomer went to the front lines without any weapons or armor. He almost died when a strange new weapon began attacking us, killing a young girl whom Herby had taken a keen liking to.
 Nothing we did could destroy it. He threw himself in front of the creature and said something like, "Brother, your quarrel is with me. Leave these mortals alone." I wasn't close enough to hear everything, but when it clubbed him square in the chest I heard my own scream before I launched myself at the metal beast. I shot an arrow into a chink in its armor, but it didn't do much good. It shrugged its massive shoulders and the arrow fell through to its feet, which seemed to be completely hollow.
Here's where things get really weird: After batting me aside, and stalking toward Thorjul, a rumbling was heard, almost like distant thunder. Suddenly he sat up, pushed Hiccup aside and held a hand out. The hammer that had been resting in my fields flew to his hand, coating him instantly in armor, the likes of which no one had ever seen before.
That's when it hit me: The hammer is Thor's hammer, and the newcomer is Thor! I was almost too stunned to do anything but gawk. With a hefty swing like what Dad would have done, he dismantled the metal-man, reducing him to a pile of scraps. He extended a hand to me and helped me to my feet. Then he said this little tidbit: "You have shown remarkable bravery. Your name shall be sung in honor in Valhalla, something we almost never do when someone still lives."
I managed, somehow, to get out, "T-thank you, Thor."

No comments:

Post a Comment